June 24, 2013

A little on the sickly side....


Hey Goobers!

How are you all? 

-Well. It's been an eventful week. I stayed in Santa Rosa until Wednesday night and worked with the Hermanas there. I slept on this mattress that was basically like sleeping on the floor, and LUCKILY, I brought my sleeping bag because it was SOO cold at night. I literally slept with the blanket over my head because it was so cold. But it was a good experience... even if I looked like a giant next to these sisters!

- So on Wednesday night, I went to pick up my new companion! Ever since then, it has been the absolute BEST! We have just been laughing so hard for the past five days. It's so nice to have someone from the same culture who knows the SAME people! We have just been having a blast working here in Toay. I think the Lord sent me Hna Vawdrey so that I could enjoy my last transfer and have fun. My last two transfers were a little more serious and not too much fun, so I think this will be a great way for me to end my mission... working hard and enjoying it.

- Well... I think I ate something bad on Saturday because I've gone to the bathroom more in the last 48 hours than I have in my whole mission... you all wanted to know that right? Sure you did. :-) Well.. just pray that this food poisoning goes away soon, ok? I ate six crackers yesterday. Yup six. I want real food again!  urgggghhhh....

- My mom told me all about her woes with my flight plans... apparently she hasn't received anything yet... I think parents get more trunky than the missionaries do... haha! Tell my parents not to get too crazy, ok??

- So I read a little quote from Elder Ballard, here it is:  "Whenever you serve the Lord, He blesses you. Many... missionaries begin their missions thinking they are going to repay Heavenly Father for His goodness toward them by serving Him for 18 months to two years. But before long they learn an important eternal truth: you can never do more for the Lord, than He can do for you".  I LOVED THAT because it is so true! We are forever in debt to our Heavenly Father. He will always bless us more that we can serve Him. We will never be able to "repay" Him.  I've realized that on my mission... the more I serve Him, the more He blesses me.

- Shoutouts: Happy Birthday to my parents!!! WOOO!! Hope you have great days!!!!! 

Happy birthday to Trevor! 

Listen. I love you all!! 

Hope you have a fabulous week.

Love,
Hermana Squire

No comments:

Post a Comment