May 20, 2013

HEY! IT'S CHRISTMAS TIME!!!


  • Ok, not really, but I'm totally listening to Christmas music. Ok, so maybe I've been listening to Christmas music my whole mission.... I don't care!

HOW ARE Y'ALL! 

I hope good. Well, winter finally hit us and it's pretty dang cold, I tell ya. We have iron stairs in the pension and our calefactor (heater) is right underneath, so sometimes we just study on the stairs to get warm... the mission is pretty funny. 


I'm also leaving the house with about 10 pounds of clothing... sometimes it matches... sometimes it doesn't... do I care?... NO!! It's winter... I'll do anything to stay warm!


- Well, it was a normal week here in Toay. We've been inviting a lot of people to get baptized, now the only thing they have to do is come to church :) Haha, biggest struggle in the mission. We have been finding some REALLY great people, and I'm just so stoked to see what the Lord has in store for them. 
For example:

- Anabela and Luisa. Anabela's mom, sister, and niece are converts. They were referrals from the sister, who just got baptized last month. THEY ARE GREAT! In these last few lessons they've been really attentive, asking great questions, and are reading and praying. Problem, they go to Santa Rosa every weekend to see the mom... but they do go to church with them. THEY NEED TO COME TO CHURCH HERE! So we're working on that. Next problem: There are 6 (SIX)  children in that house under the age of 7... so our lessons are like: "Ok, you teach and I will draw Mickey Mouse. Ok, your turn... where are we??" And dodging flying objects being thrown by a 3 year old demon... BUT we will do anything for these sweet girls!

- Rina. She's from Chile and is a friend of a member. She already has 2 asistencias, (church attendances) so we're working on it! Pray for them!

- So about the "deep doctrine" I promised last time. Presidente taught us that the Plan of Salvation has four names in the Book of Mormon:

1. The Plan of Salvation (Alma 42:5) It is not a plan of condemnation... EVERYTHING is for our salvation.
2. Plan of Redemption (Alma 42:11) The Plan includes suffering. But we can be happy if we understand the plan.
3. Plan of Happiness (Alma 42:8) If you're not happy, there's a problem that you need to fix.
4. The Plan of Mercy (Alma 42:15) Look for the tender mercies! 

Just look at how the Book of Mormon starts:  I, Nephi, having been aborn of bgoodly cparents, therefore I was dtaught somewhat in all the learning of my father; and having seen many eafflictions in the course of my days, nevertheless, having been highly favored of the Lord in all my days; yea, having had a great knowledge of the goodness and the mysteries of God, therefore I make a frecord of my proceedings in my days.


Shoutouts: 
TAYLOR YOU ARE NOW THE BEST CAT IN THE UNITED STATES!!!! 
Paige... still waiting...... gooberface. 
TAHNEE YOU ARE NOW A MARRIED WOMAN. AHHH I want pics! 
***Attention all friends****: Now 5 of my besties have gotten married while I'm in the mission. 
That's all great and stuff, but can the rest of you just HOLD OFF until August? Ok??  thanks. :-)
AUNT LORI thank you for the email! I'm so glad Jake got his Visa! He's gonna be a stellar missionary! 
Tio Hector, thank you for the email! 
VAWDREY! I sure love you. I MISS YA! 

AND a big shoutout to my B.F.F. Haddy... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY! I love you soooo much! 

Hey everyone! Be good! Or... portense bien!!!

Chao chao, besitos (little kisses)
Hna SKWYAH!
cydnee.squire@myldsmail.net


This is my life right now, dirty tights with stickers/burs in them, along with the dirty shoes.












                                                       Leo & Paola's
                                                             wedding










Walking the 'streets' of Toay....apparently I walk with a swagger.....
Foggy day in Toay...brrrr......

No comments:

Post a Comment