On Saturday, I went to the Relief Society meeting with these girls and my mom. The meeting was so wonderful and President Uchtdorf's talk hit home for me. He reminded the sisters of 5 things to 'forget not':
- Forget not to be patient with yourself.“Dear sisters, many of you are endlessly compassionate and patient with the weaknesses of others,” he added. “Please remember also to be compassionate and patient with yourself.”
- Forget not the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish one. President Uchtdorf defined an acceptable sacrifice as giving up “something good for something of far greater worth.”
- Forget not to be happy now. Stop waiting for your golden ticket, or your "I'll be happy if/when..."
- Forget not the 'why' of the gospel.
- Forget not that the Lord loves you. "No matter how dark your days may seem, no matter how insignificant you may feel, no matter how overshadowed you think you may be, your Heavenly Father has not forgotten you. In fact, He loves you, with an infinite love. …" This one is my favorite.
|Those ladies in the back look like they're having a blast.|
Before the conference, we went to my absolute favorite restaurant, Settebello. They have the most authentic Italian pizzas you will ever have in your life. Promise. I've had pizza in Napoli, and let me tell you, it tastes the same at Settebello in Salt Lake. If you haven't been there yet, GO NOW! Or just sometime soon.